Monday, February 4, 2008

Week 3 Web 2.0 and Social Bookmarking

Web 2.0 has been referred to as the "living web". It definately lives up to the name considering it has brought so many new technologies that allow people to communicate with each other across the globe. We as individuals are the ones that have made it living. Many people spend hours and hours on MySpace or other live platforms. The web is no longer just a source of information. It is a vehicle for opening lines of communication. Accroding to the article the web has replaced phone books and is on it way to replace phones. I didn't realize until I read the article that I have not used a phone book in a very long time. I use skype and a web cam to communicate with my family in Texas. skype is free and using a web cam allows my parents to see how my daughter has grown.



Social bookmarking is a way to save all favorite websites in a sinle location or site. The site may be accessible from anywhere. Social bookmarking can definately benefit my students. Students and teachers can create a list of web sites that will be needed in class or for an assignment. These lists can be shared. Social bookmarking eliminates students having to search the web information.

No comments: